Call us to set up an appointment! 403-793-8484

Soft Health and Healing Clinic Treats Back, Neck, Arm and Leg Pain

What should you consider for treatment of your spine and/or extremity pain, your back and leg pain, your neck and arm pain? When you experience these conditions, this question is forefront in your mind. Soft Health and Healing Clinic uses the well-documented, non-surgical, safe and gentle Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management as an answer to that question.

BACK SURGERY

First, let us talk about back surgery. Less than 1% of people with low back, neck, and/or leg and arm pain have spine surgery. (1,2) That leaves 99% of people with back and extremity pain to be treated non-surgically. This kind of care is the strength of your Brooks chiropractor at Soft Health and Healing Clinic. What is the potential of such non-surgical treatment as Cox® Distraction Spine Manipulation to help you?

THE COX® FLEXION DISTRACTION OPTION

Flexion distraction spine manipulation is described as a good intervention for heightening disc height loss in disc herniation patients. (3) Another study found 50% pain relief following distraction spine manipulation in patients with low back pain. (4) Cox® distraction combined with therapeutic modalities over a month for patients with lumbar disc herniation gave significant improvement in muscle strength, disability, and relief of sciatica. The entire treatment consisted of 18 visits over a 4-week period of care. Cox® distraction manipulation seems to be a safe and efficacious non-invasive treatment for patients with lumbar disc herniation. (5) Safety is always forefront of care at Soft Health and Healing Clinic.

SAFETY OF COX® TECHNIC

The review of safety of spine manipulation demonstrates that chiropractic students are taught proper delivery of force in giving Cox® manipulation to patients. (6) Similar to a patient looking for surgical treatment for spine pain seeks the best surgeon, studies verify that patients with a high possibility of undergoing surgery are optimally matched with a non-surgical spine specialist. (7) Certified Cox® chiropractors like your Brooks chiropractor at Soft Health and Healing Clinic are trained and then assessed by written and hands-on testing prior to being certified in Cox® distraction manipulation.

CLINICAL EXAM IMPORTANT IN THE COX® TECHNIC SYSTEM

Lastly, understand that the clinical examination of your spine is just as and even more important than any MRI findings. (8) Cox® certified doctors of chiropractic like your Brooks chiropractor at Soft Health and Healing Clinic are well-versed and tested in the neuro and ortho findings of spine and extremity pain patients. The thorough clinical examination determines the treatment plan for your desired pain relief.

CONTACT Soft Health and Healing Clinic

Listen to this PODCAST with Dr. Rob Rudy on The Back Doctors Podcast with Dr. Michael Johnson. Use of The Cox® Technic System of Spinal Pain Management is well-exemplified in his care of his patients with back and leg pain.

Schedule your next Brooks chiropractic visit soon. Soft Health and Healing Clinic knows that together we can reply the predominant question of what to do about your spine pain, back and leg pain, neck and arm pain.

Soft Health and Healing Clinic uses the non-surgical chiropractic care system of Cox® Technic to relieve back, leg, neck and arm pain.
 
« View All Featured Articles
"This information and website content is not intended to diagnose, guarantee results, or recommend specific treatment or activity. It is designed to educate and inform only. Please consult your physician for a thorough examination leading to a diagnosis and well-planned treatment strategy. See more details on the DISCLAIMER page."