At Soft Health and Healing Clinic (SHHC) we encourage our patients to help set the stage for optimal healing of injuries for which they seek care.
- Decreased pain
- Increased range of motion
- Increased quality of life and function
We have found that by combining therapies we are able to reach these goals faster than with single therapies alone. This includes the use of nutraceuticals (nutritional supplements). Nutraceuticals are typically different than pharmaceutical medication in that their intent is to nourish the injured tissue. It maybe necessary in the beginning phases of care to use pharmaceutical medication to help relieve pain. However, long-term use of these medications has side effects that are undesirable, most physicians would agree that taking the lowest dose possible in most situations is desirable.
Nutritional supplements can be very helpful in the 3 phases of care (acute, sub-acute, and wellness). When one is injured they go through these 3 phases of care, which is the road from pain to healing. Click here for more information:
Nutritional products help bridge the gap between pain and recovery by supplying specific nutrients to injured tissue, promoting optimal recovery. At SHHC we have partnered with Metagenics, an industry leader in the nutritional field.
For your convenience, we have an online Metagenics store to provide you products which may be shipped directly to your home for your convenience. We are also providing discounts when a minimum purchase order is placed. Orders over $50 are subject to free shipping and handling. (These terms are subject to change by Metagenics)
Search for any nutritional product within the Metagenics catalog with the following link:
We have listed a few common nutritional bundles and information on the products as well a direct link to the online store for your convenience. *Please read all caution/warnings and ingredients of
nutritional products (for example Chondrocare contains shellfish - please avoid
if you are allergic to shellfish).
SOFT HEALTH AND HEALING CLINIC
PROTOCOLS FOR HEALTH WITH METAGENICS NUTRITIONAL SUPPORTS
1. OVERALL JOINT/SPINE (Maintenance for Chronic Spine and Joint Pain)
Typically, this protocol will be taken on an ongoing basis. This bundle is really the Cadillac for joint care. It not only provides the necessary building blocks to repair discs, joints, cartilage and soft tissue but helps to subside inflammatory processes that cause pain and prevent joint flexibility. For references on the effects of nutraceuticals on discs and joint, click on Disc Nutrition or Pain Relief Formula
- Chondrocare: Supports joint health
- Inflavonoid Intensive Care: Supports-acute anti-inflammatory processes and provides pain relief
- OsteoVantiv: Supports collagen production and helps to relieve joint pain and stiffness, promoting joint flexibility
- SMP Active: Supports the body’s natural ability to respond to physical stressors (such as oxidative stress), specialized program resolving mediators helps with cellular functions that produce chronic inflammation. Available July 4, 2018
- Omegagenics EPA/DHA 2400 Liquid: Concentrated purified source of Omega-3 fatty acids from sustainably-sourced cold water marine fish. One tablespoon a day. Omega-3’s support more then just heart health! See https://www.metagenics.com/omega-3s for more.
- Vitamin D3 1000 IU Drops: The “sunshine vitamin” is primarily known to elevate mood, especially during the winter months when the skin gets little exposure to the sun. Vitamin D is also vital to bone growth since it supports calcium absorption and has been found to have protective effects against autoimmunity and several age-related diseases.
2. ACUTE JOINT AND DISC PAIN RELIEF (see above for product descriptions) Typically suggest 4 weeks on this protocol before moving on to Overall Joint/Spine
- SMP Active
- Inflavonoid Intensive Care
- Omegagenics EPA/DHA 2400 Liquid
3. GENERAL WELLNESS
Wellness Essentials for Men: Promotes longevity, sexual function and hormone levels with balance support to sustain a man’s everyday nutritional needs.
*It is suggested to add Vitamin D to these Wellness packages, as well as probiotics to help support gastro-intestinal and immune health.
Consuming probiotic-rich foods and/or supplements and maintaining an appropriate balance of intestinal flora helps to support a healthy immune and digestive system. The beneficial bacteria inhibit pathogenic microbes in the digestive tract, keeping it healthy.
Please note: It is suggested that probiotic strains should be cycled every other month (for example, between Ultra Flora Spectrum and Ultra Flora Balance). It is also important that probiotics are kept refrigerated after opening.
- Ultra Flora Spectrum: A broad-spectrum probiotic formula, with 30 billion CF use per capsule. 7 Beneficial probiotic strains. Supports digestive and immune health.
- Ultral Flora Balance: A potent probiotic supplement made with a 50: 50 blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis. This “good bacteria” in our gastrointestinal system is believed to support health, digestion and improve the immune system.
- Ultra Flora Women's: There are many different probiotics available on the market today. UltraFlora Women's from Metagenics is the ideal probiotic for vaginal and urogenital health. A healthy amount of flora plays an important role in a woman's overall health.